Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My first nail art attempt!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend :)

Good friends, good times!

I spent an amazing Friday night with a good friend Karlee (aussietiger29 on Youtube!) celebrating the end of her uni studies. We'd been looking forward to it for weeks! We shared in some naughty-yet-delicious food and wine, pampered ourselves with facials and pedicures and even managed to fit in some man-candy before bed (in the form of One Tree Hill!).

The next morning we prepared to speak to one of our good friends Emily (4theluvofmakeup on Youtube) on Skype together! Emily lives in the United States, but we would never let that get in the way of a good friendship. Em has been inviting us to visit her all year, and I have to admit I am  very temtped to make that trip my next saving goal! Nothing would make me happier right now than shopping with friends and having a great time in good company.

Em had very generously sent Karlee and I a massive package each, filled with unknown goodies! The plan was to open the packages while on Skype to Em, so she could enjoy watching our faces and our reactions. It was such a fantastic experience! Em has truly spoiled us, and her gifts were thoughtful and gorgeous. I loved absolutely everything she got me, and I'm incredibly grateful and overwhelmed at her generosity!

I've just uploaded a Youtube video showing everything she got me: Check out my gift haul video!

Nail art experiments

Em got me quite a few new polishes, so of course I was quick to try some out on my nails. After my usual Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish in 30 'Snappy Sorbet' - more orange than melon to me! The super wide brush was a dream to use, although the formula was very thick. Perhaps the thickness is needed to properly load the wider brush? hmmmm....I think this one will need more trials before I can review it properly.


Em had also sent me two nail art polishes - my very first! They are both L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art Lacquers; one in white and one in black, both a creme finish. The thin, tapered brushes worked like a dream. My imagination hasn't yet evolved to the world of nail art, so all I managed were some thing brush strokes on each nail! If you are into nail art, please be kind and don't mock my terrible design :P We all have to start somewhere, right?





 To me, this looks a little like a tiger design - that's my story, anyway :P I finished off with my Sally Hansen Diamond Shine as a top coat too, and so far the design is wearing really well - no chipping after three days.

As some of you may know, I am attempting to work from home at the moment - this is the best solution I can think of to have an income while my back is giving me such grief. My rat babies are of course overjoyed by this turn of events - play time all the time! They absolutely love being out during the day, and leaping around on my bed or the desk. I'm finally becoming a work-at-home mum!





Bonkers, AKA Little Man - although he's not so little anymore!
Talk to you all soon!

xoxo megs <3

4 comments:

  1. Love this entry M! You know how I feel about Fri/Sat and our Skype date with Em :) Thanks again for an awesome time! Your first attempt at nail art is fantastic! Loving the 'tiger' stripes!!! I've never seen a tri-coloured tiger hehehe :)

    I bet your babies are ecstatic to have you home 24/7! The freedom they must be feeling!! Bonkers is definitely getting to be a big boy! How big should he get??

    Can't wait to read your next blog! You better get busy experimenting with your nail art!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K! We'll have to do something like that again soon :D Thanks re: the nail art! I found a pic of a tiger on Google Image with white on his belly, does that count? I know I'm talking to the tiger expert though ;) hehe!

    Oh they're so excited!! Rats are supposed to be noctural and sleep through the day - but mine sleep for a few hours, then want to play, then sleep, then play - rather than one long sleep & one long period of being awake. Lots of attention needed! Bonkers is getting huge, not fat - just filling out to be a grown man. I think he could get to double his current size!! Dear god...I tried to give him medicine last night and he was too big and strong for me to do it! hahaha. Bonkers - 1. Schmeg - 0.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm renaming 'Little Man' to 'Big Guy'...wow he's huge! And cute as a button - that face is to die for! You were so sweet to mention me in your blog. I look forward to spoiling you ladies for many yrs. to come! Buah hahahahaha! (My evil laugh.) :-) I love the pics of your nail art...you've inspired me for sure. I think this is a great way to spend my week off. :-) I tell ya, you and K are quickly becoming my besties. Lol...sounds funny, but 'tis true. :-) Btw, I never knew what a good writer you were! Looking forward to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) love the "tiger" nail design!!
    Lol Bonkers aka little man is super cute! :-))

    ReplyDelete