Thursday, November 18, 2010

My no-spend period!

Hey guys!

I hope everyone's having a great week so far!! I really can't quite believe it's Thursday already, feels like Monday was just yesterday. The end of the year is notorious for speeding up time! The weekends just seem closer and closer together, and the Christmas period starts looming in a really formidable way. I should be more excited about the holiday, but if I'm not ready and organised for it (which, let's face it, I never am!) it's just too stressful to enjoy. Around about this time (mid-November), I always find myself wishing and hoping that time will slow down and somehow things will magically come together.

This year in particular has been a shocker...which naturally means I'm even more frantic now than usual! Due to a pretty painful back condition I haven't been able to work much at my new job, which is at a dental practice about half an hour from home in the city. Finally now I'm driven to work despite the pain and work suddenly won't let me back!!! I won't express my frustration, for fearing of violating your minds with my expletives. Work now seems to think that having me work on-site while injured could lead to serious legal consequences for them. Fair enough - but I neeeeed money!

Don't make me work a suburban corner people, because that will not be pretty :P Anyway, after lengthy discussions and delays, work has agreed to let me work from home in a way that I can deal with the back problems. Thank god for that! I'll hopefully be ready to start that tomorrow or Monday, once the internet connections and passwords are set up. I'm so incredibly grateful that they've given me this option! So while I'm financially dying right now I understand things could be worse if work was unsupportive.

Long story short, my current focus is to use all the products (hair, skincare, makeup, bath & body) that I already have in my collection. Despite all my day-dreaming and chronic wish-list making, I know deep down that I have some great products, and a lot of them need some attention. It's so tough though! Asking a person who buys Shop Til You Drop magazine each month (well, until recently anyway!) to give up buying anything is like asking a ho to give up crack cocaine....

It's been HARD, there's no denying it - but I've been very strict and my friends have been very supportive. They know exactly what to say and when to say it, to stop me in my excited, crazed-shopaholic tracks :P

So in the spirit of acknowledging what great products and other random things I'm loving right now, here are some of my current favourites!

  • Natio Young Gel Cleanser and Oil Free Moisturiser - finally, something helping my blemishes!
  • New hair care products - Schwarzkopf Extra Care Deep Nutrition Shea Cashmere Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave-In Treatment.
  • DKNY Pure fragrance - and wearing it at home, where no one can enjoy it except me.
  • My GHD, which I busted out today for the first time in ages.
  • Sugarbaby Fairy Gloss Lip Glaze in 'Wizard' (clear with multi-coloured shimmer).
  • BYS Lipstick in Champagne Rain (an extremely opaque nude, have to use this sparingly)
  • Drinking at least 10 glasses of water per day (and no soft drink for once).
  • Avon Footworks Intensive Callus Cream + one pair of fluffy socks :)
  • Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, with
  • Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme
  • Paramore's album 'Brand New Eye's - STILL!
  • Katy Perry's song 'Firework' - literally brings a tear to my eye every time.

I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far! Only one more day until the weekend :D What do you have planned for the 2 days? Have you prepared for Christmas yet? Done your Christmas shopping? I'd love to hear what you've been up to, so don't be shy to comment below ;)

Take care for now!
xoxo Megs

1 comment:

  1. I'm here to make a comment :p so good to see your 2nd entry M!!! Can't wait for more :) Loving your current faves!!!

    ReplyDelete